R.I. Convention 2023, Melbourne, Australia
May 21st to June 02nd, 2023.
Join the group in Los Angeles, USA, on or before May 20th, 2023, or in Sydney Australia, on or before May 23rd, 2023.
Soca Islands is very excited to be part of a group of Rotarians and friends going to Melbourne for the 2023 Rotary International Convention. Known as one of the world’s most livable cities, you will enjoy what we take for granted, a beautiful, vibrant and cosmopolitan city.
Set on the shores of picturesque Port Phillip Bay, the southernmost city of mainland Australia – Melbourne – is rich in aesthetics. Its beauty is enhanced by the meandering Yarra River, immaculate parks and gardens, public art, and classical art buildings, and innovative design.
However, our journey does not start in Melbourne. It starts in Los Angeles, where everyone will get a chance to meet their fellow travellers. If you prefer, you can also join us in Sydney if you are not able to join us from Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles, USA – you must arrive on or before May 20th, 2023
- Sydney, Australia – you must arrive on or before May 23rd, 2023
INCLUDED (12 NIGHTS)
- Meet and greet in Los Angeles
- One night at Lowes Hotel in Los Angeles (standard room)
- Round-trip airfare between Los Angeles and Australia with Qantas Airlines
- Three nights at the Parkroyal Darling Harbour Hotel in Sydney (superior room)
- One-way airfare from Sydney to Adelaide with Qantas Airlines
- Two nights at the Adelaide at the Crowne Plaza Adelaide Hotel (standard king low floor room)
- One-way airfare from Adelaide to Melbourne with Qantas Airlines
- Six nights at AC Southbank Melbourne (standard room)
- Airport transfers
- Breakfast in Sydney and Adelaide
- Sydney Opera House tour
- Magistic Cruises – Majestic Express Dinner Cruise (drinks are not included)
- Sydney Oyster Farm Tours – Immerse Yourself Tour
- Cleland Wildlife Park (includes admission)
- Lunch on Adelaide Hills
- d’Arenberg – The Blending Bench
- Maxwell Winery (includes lunch)
- Wirra Wirra Vineyard (wine making and tasting)
- Hotel porterage where available based on a maximum of one large suitcase per person (mandatory at most hotels)
- Modern, air-conditioned coach transportation on a private basis unless stated otherwise
- Airport porterage (unless otherwise specified). Luggage trolleys at Australian domestic terminals are not complimentary and may incur a charge of $3.00 to $4.00 AUD per luggage trolley
- Accommodation pre-registration and/or late checkout unless otherwise specified
- Meals other than those specified above
- Items of a personal nature (e.g. telephone calls, mini bar, laundry, etc.)
- Travel insurance (cancellations, loss of deposits, delays, etc.)
- Optional tours and services
- Tours in Melbourne during the RI Convention
TRIP COSTS (USD /person)
|Joining the group in Los Angeles|
|Joining the group in Sydney|
ADDONS (USD /person)
- Travel Insurance, starting from $249.00 provided by CG United.
- Business Class upgrade between Los Angeles and Australia. Available only from Los Angeles to Sydney, then leaving from Melbourne to Los Angeles – add $7,399.00.
FLIGHT ONLY (Flight from SYD to MEL is not included.)
|Round trip flight between Los Angeles and Australia.|
LAX to SYD – May 21st, 23:00
MEL to LAX – June 02nd, 06:00
Sunday, May 21st:
Very late departure from LAX for Sydney.
Monday, May 22nd:
Cross the International Date Line.
Tuesday, May 23rd:
Early morning arrival and check-in in Sydney.
Tour of the Sydney Opera House. In the evening, enjoy a dinner cruise onboard the prestigious Magistic cruising restaurant and experience spectacular Sydney Harbour by night, aboard a stylish catamaran with fully air-conditioned, climate-controlled interiors and state-of-the-art amenities (drinks are not included).
Wednesday, May 24th:
Visit Ku-ring-gai Chase, the second oldest national park in Australia. Explore the rainforests and mangroves which sit by stretches of ocean and discover significant Aboriginal sites. We then go on a guided tour with an oyster farmer for an in-water oyster tasting experience with refreshments, and waders to wear on the day.
Thursday, May 25th:
Depart Sydney; arrive in Adelaide.
Visit Cleland Wildlife Park to feed kangaroos as they laze, wander wetlands, and surround yourself with over 130 species of Australian wildlife. Cleland Wildlife Park is one of only a few places in the world where visitors can hold a koala.
Friday, May 26th:
Visit the d’Arenberg Cube Alternative Realities Museum, take a wine blending class, and take away a 750 ml sample bottle of your blend.
Saturday, May 27th:
Depart Adelaide; arrive in Melbourne.
The evening is free to relax and explore on your own.
Sunday, May 28th to Friday, June 02:
Attend the Rotary International Convention. No Soca Islands’ events are scheduled in deference to the Rotary Convention activities. Recommended activities are listed in our printed itinerary.
Friday, June 02:
Early-morning flight from Melbourne to Los Angeles.
Please keep visiting this site because we will be regularly posting new exciting activities and information. We look forward to our journey together.